1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3S Users and New ATA Software

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GeoCook, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

I have been told by some of my users and friends that the business that was chosen to develope the new ATA Cashiering Software is asking users of my software to give them copies of the database and or programs to use while they develope their system. As I was one of the bidders for this project I find it very ironic that they are now trying to obtain all or parts of my database structure for their project. I would like to ask my users to PLEASE DO NOT give these people my system. It has taken me many years to get to where I am now and I don't think it's fair to me to just hand over my work. The whole bid process for this system was a joke from the start and all who were involved know it.

Thanks for using the 3S System and when they ask, do a Nancy Reagan and "Just Say No".

George Cook

Shooting Sports Software

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

George,

Do not worry about me 'giving' them a copy!

Tim (User#32)

3. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

Thanks Tim. When I heard this I was a bit miffed to say the least.

George

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you haven't used George's free "shareware" program for keeping singles, doubles and handicap score records (and more) plus skeet and s.c. for 1 person or a group, the installer now works for both Windows XP and Windows 7, 32- and 64-bit.

Thanks George... I was hoping that someday you get the installer to work for Win 7!

Keller

5. t-bar

t-bar Member

George,

We have never been ask, and we are faithful users of 3s. You also have a pm.

Barb and Tom

6. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

Keller, thanks for that. I'm not sure how many people use the Score Tracker system but it was easy to write and I thought it may be useful to Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays shooters. One of the issues with the advent of Windows 7 was that MicroSoft just kind of dropped support for many of the tools I used to create my systems. I started writing this software in 1984 on a Osborne portable PC running CPM and it has just grown into 3S. I had to obtain new compilers and installers in order to make my systems both XP and 7 compatable. Thats why it took awhile to get the scores tracker working on Windows 7.

Thanks for the post to this thread.

George

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you don't know about George's software, here's a link to the <I>3S Downloads Page</i>. You can backtrack to the home page from there. The shareware scores/averages/costs etc. software is listed as (oddly enough) "Shareware".

Keller

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

George: I have your attorney send them a cease and desist order and if they violate that, you may have a new retirement income.

Whiz

9. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Would not do this either. George, When is the new combined version coming out?
    What are the choices for existing T1 users?

Trapgeek

Leslie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.