1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3S Program Users - Attention

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dickotto, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

F.Y.I - Registered users of the 3S cashiering program might want to check out the FORUM tab on the 3S website. George put up a post regarding a problem you might encounter. If you are not a registered user, you cannot get onto the website.

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

You must be referring to the card reader problem. We tried a card reader at our club, but we must have had a cheap one because the card would usually get caught in that thing. Does anyone out here use a card reader? Just curious.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton - #279

3. Twixter

Twixter Member

I know that they use card readers at Sauk'Prairie Trap and Skeet Club. Contact Tim Thompson there. He's X2 on here. Look in the back of the average book under S.P.T.S.c. Sauk City Wi. His number is the one listed.

4. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

It is not the card reader problem. It has to do with a squading problem and what can be done to avoid the problem until a permanent fix can be made. Like I suggested, log onto the website and read george's post.

5. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

Last card readers I bought came from POSWorld. They are Magtek 2-stripe USB readers (Item# 21040110) and cost $54 each, with free standard shipping. You can also get the reader for PS2 connection. Saves keyentry of the 7-digit ATA#. They work great!!

6. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

The problem with my system is that when using a card reader for the squading program. When the system finds the entered ATA number it opens the squad tables for editing and also disables the ATA enter box. When typing the number this works fine as you can't enter a new number until you hit the done button. When using a card reader I did't add any code to stop this from being processed. So when a card is swiped the program attempts to process the data but it thinks that the process is to delete a shooter and so it does. This is one of those things that you don't think about until after it pops up and bites you in the butt. I am working on a fix and will post it to the web site as soon as I see the best way to handle the problem

George Cook

Shooting Sports Software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.