1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3S and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GeoCook, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Well I am finally sure that my Trap Software will work with Windows 7 but IT WILL NOT WORK WITH VISTA! Windows 7, 32 bit machines will install from the older setup system that I have used forever. If your machine is Windows 7 and 64 bit you will have to get the new installer on a DVD. When using Windows 7 you have to change some settings to get the program to work properly. I will list these steps below:

1 - Locate the WindowsTrap.exe program in the ThreeSTrap folder and right click on the program and then select properties. Next select "Compatibilty". Next check the box to run in XP SP3 mode and do the same with "Change Settings for all users".

2 - Open the Program Files(x86) if 64 bit or Program Files if 32 bit and locate the common files folder. Open this folder and find "Borland Shared" and open this file and locate the bdeadmin.exe program and right click, click properties and then "Compatibility" and do the same as you did for the WindowsTrap program.

3 - If you are going to ru on a network you need to do the following. Click the Start button, open the control panel, set display to small icons and then click on the users folder. When the user screen comes up look to the left side and find the User Account Control and drop the vertical scroll bar to the bottom. This then enables the network drive mapping.

Hope all is well and good shooting this season.

George Cook Shooting Sports Software
  2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    I don't claim to be a Win 7 expert but have been using it a bit at work. Would your program work by simply installing it and then right-clicking on the icon and lettng Win 7 find the compatibility mode to use?

Or, as an alternative, running it as adminstrator?

I understand these are a couple of ways to take advantage of one of the features in Windows 7 - for running legacy software.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.