1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3S and Windows 7 (NOT VISTA)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GeoCook, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

I have a network here at home that has 5 PC's connected to it. 2 PC's are running Windows 7 (DELL 32 bit notebook and Toshiba 64 bit) and the other 3 are all running Windows XP Pro. I am using the Dell notebook (Windows 7) as the server, the Toshiba 64 bit Windows 7 is a client and the XP machines are all setup as clients. You cannot install the 3S software on the 64 bit machine but you can run the system via the network.

The system setup is done in the normal way by configuring the BDE, Sharing the 3S folder on the server and then map the BDE via a network drive. I have tested both the LAN (24 event) and the standard (14 event) and they are working. I have more testing to do but at this point I feel that I can safely say that my system will run on a Windows 7 machine, (IT WILL NOT WORK ON A PC WITH VISTA).

George Cook

3S

2. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Try installing the program and allow the compatibility trouble shooter to do its thing. It may take a couple of times of running the compatibility trouble shooter before it resolves the issues. If that doesn't work try copying the program to your hard disk. Then right mouse button click on the install/setup executable and choose "compatibility" tab. Choose to run the executable as a "XP service pack 3" application. The compatibility trouble shooter is also available by a right mouse button click on the executable. Choosing which flavor to run an application is also available in Vista.

Application executables are contained in the "programs X86 folder"
    Sam

3. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

Sam, thanks for the info, I will give it a try.

George Cook 3S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.