1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3D HDTV: who's getting one for christmas?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

3D HDTV: who

i'm not so sure that the available programming makes it worth the investment right now. what are you guys thinking? thanks

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I get headaches and eye strain from HD tv, and a dizzy and sick to my stomach feeling with 3d movies, so I'm sure that 3d HD probably wouldn't work too well for me LOL.

3. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I think they are nice when I see them in store's but I am not sure they are really worth it right now ...... maybe some day down the road.

4. twotimer

twotimer Member

Had one for years. Couldn't imagine going back. Most everything is broadcast in hd, might as well enjoy it! Mike

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

The current ones are already on the way out. Save your cash and wait until next Christmas or just get a nice non-3D HDTV now.

6. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Most 3D models have a switch that can turn on or off the 3D feature. I'm with others who will wait and see how they sell. maybe next year.

7. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

ESPN 3-D Nice to watch ballgames

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

We just got an LG 55" LED 3D. You can turn the 3D on or off. Also, If you have it on 3D mode, non 3D channels have the 3D effect. Not quite so much depth as 3D but close. We looked at Samsung (what we really wanted) and Sony plus a couple of others and think that LG's 3D is superior to all other 3D's. To me, the glasses are annoying somewhat and yes, there is limited 3D programming...but it is amazing to watch, especially LG's 3D with a large screen. At times it appears that objects are actually in the room with you...not on the screen. And w/surround sound...audio and video are all over the room...awesome! My local Best Buy has an LG identical to mine for demo. They have a tape of an underwater scene and a bass is 12" out of the tv looking right at you...at least it appears that way. The further away you get from the TV, the further out of the TV he comes.

milt

9. twotimer

twotimer Member

I didn't read the thread completely,,I've had HD for years, not 3D. Oops! Mike

10. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

i'll get one when you don't have to wear the glasses

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind one other than I don't see my self waring glasses every time I sit down to watch the tube. Defiantly not to good in my eyes.

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Why waste your time and money when there are more interesting things to do besides setting in front of a idiot box.

You can't call them boob tubes anymore so Idiot screens are more like it.

There is no good programing coming out anyway.

Get out and enjoy the outdoors, Go shooting, there is a better use of money then supporting Hollywood and the news media.

just my opinion.

Merry Christmas!

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

No 3D here, but we did get an internet TV which the kids love. YouTube, google, etc are all available in a 46 incher. Next we need a wireless keyboard to replace the thumb unit that is stock.

14. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

moore5833 said:

"i'll get one when you don't have to wear the glasses "

If you fellas need me, I'll be on the Holodeck.

15. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I thought my 65" HD Hitachi rear projection had a great picture, but I just replaced it with a Samsung 64" D8000 plasma, WOW what a difference. <br>
    It was a tossup between this one and the Panasonic 65VT30, both are top rated bt CNET and on the AVS forum. They are also 3D, which I wasn't that interested in. <br>
    I did buy the active glasses for us and the grandkids, but we are really impressed with the 3D movies and ESPN 3D. Fun to watch 3D once in awhile. <br>
    It also has all the internet capabilities, we have had it 2 weeks and haven't looked at that yet. Harv.

16. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

We just got a 55" Samsung Series 8 LED-TV with 3D capabilities. My wife and I stopped at Best Buy yesterday to browse for another stand for the TV, and stopped at the 3D Demo to see what it's like.

Well, I came away extremely nauseated watching some kid on ESPN zip around on a skateboard. Same went for the wife. It looks like we're not going to be using this "feature" anytime soon.

17. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Here 3D seems to come at the same price as those without on some units.

On my 42" LCD I do enjoy plugging my memory card in the back and looking at my pictures. Can set it for slide show also if wanted.

Next one will be a smart 55" TV with same plug in back for pictures. The wifi should be fun.

Not sure if I want the LED but the LCD ,with back light, as I want are getting hard to find. I may have to go LED with the side light. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lg55ec90t