1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

On the left side of my 391's receiver, there is a detent-I think its called a cutout or a cutoff. Its been engaging by itself. Any way to disable it.,without affecting gun function.

Phil Berkowitz

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Stronger spring detent....ask Tron (Joe Bowles) about it.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the entire cutoff assembly can be removed and the
    gun will function normally. It's not really needed for trapshooting.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Phil, this can be a bit tricky. I've seen this on the higher milage guns and the problem is a weak indent spring and this may be compounded by a worn indent groove (in receiver). To correct this, there are a couple of things you can do. If you don't want to ever use the cut off, I like the idea of simply stretching the spring and using red loc-tite inside the indent hole and some on the receiver grooves. If you want the device to work as designed, then get a new plunger spring and you may need to mill out indent groove a bit. If the groove is worn, I've found that using a dremmel tool with a cut off wheel that is worn down (you can wear one down with a metal file) and CAREFULLY mill the outer groove a bit.

First, you will need to remove the latch and to do so, just drive out the roll pin near the lever and then you will need to use a paper clip to push out the hinge pin from the inside of the receiver. Now with your thumb on the inside of the receiver at the upper part of the lever (to catch the indent and spring), push the lever inward and everything will come out.

The tricky part is getting the spring and plunger back in without having the plunger fly accross the room. To do so, I've made a tool that helps quite a bit and it's simply a 3/8" round brass stock that is beveled on both sides and flat in the front. What you do is get the spring and plunger in place and ude the tool to quide the plunger in while pushing the lever back in place.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view┬Ąt=DSCN1129_zps130bc61c.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN1129_zps130bc61c.jpg </a>

Phil, if you have any questions, just give me a call and I'll walk you through it. 248-884-1577