1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 vs 390 recoil noise????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeetiee, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

I have always shot a beretta 390 when it comes to semi auto shotguns. I think one of the reasons i do is that i cant get used to the sound the beretta 391 makes while cycling. there seems to be a pinging noise where as the 390 doesnt have this. A real good friend of mine told me there was a fella that made some type of piece that goes into the magazine tube. The piece was made out of delrin material. I was hoping someone here could help me find the fix for this noise. We dont remember who the guy was so i have no way of contacting him to buy his part. I am getting ready to buy a 391 sporting and i would really like to have this piece. If you can help me out on this i would really appreciate it. I know, I know it sounds silly and maybe after a couple thousand rounds this would become a non issue but for know i would like to find the fix. thanks again lee

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I have had both guns. Honestly, you won't notice after a few boxes of shells. The damper on the rib of my trap gun makes a pinging noise that I noticed at first, and anybody who shoots it does at first, but i don't anymore. I shot an Infinty that made a different noise, sure I would have gotten used to that too pretty quickly.

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

failing that, try Cole Gunsmithing, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

My Trap Optima and Sporting both make that noise. I don't find it to be any major distraction. My Trap Optima is a target eating gun and can't say enough good things about it. I don't feel that the noise is hurting anything.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Years ago, I had a 390 that made the pining noise and I was at the Blue Crap sporting tournament where Beretta had gunsmiths set up. Mountie Mizer took it to them and they did something that fixed it. I'm sure the same can be done to the 391 because my 391 does not "ping".

My Answer putter does, though.

6. John391

John391 TS Member

It only took me one box of shells to tune out the recoil noise of my 391. I pay so much attention to the clay target I am shooting at I never notice it now. I do notice the greatly decreased felt recoil. John

7. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

Like i said above, I am sure that it wont really be a problem, and i like the answer about paying attention to the target. Thats was a good one!! I just dont think there should be the pinging sound in a 1500 automatic. My 500 390 doesnt do it, so why should a 391?? I know there is a piece that fixes the noise i just dont know where to get one. thanks fellas!! Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.