1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Urika 2 Parallel Target vs Teknys Gold Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by helms, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helms

helms TS Member

I'm looking at getting my 14 yr old son a better gun. Would I be better off getting the Urika Parallel Target and getting the stock custom fitted to my son or
    getting the Teknys and using the factory adjustments to fit him? Is the recoil
    going to be about the same? Are the barrels going to pattern about the same? Are
    the ribs similar? He has shot a Teknys Trap, but not the Urika Parallel. Are there
    any older models that are similar in performance? A used gun would allow more
    money for practice.
    He is not an Olympic hopeful, but he enjoys shooting trap on his High School team
    and I want to get him a better gun and one that fits him better so he can continue
    to improve and have fun. Thanks for the help.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Urika is a better gun overall. The factory comb hardware is junk on the Teknys. Both guns are mechanically identical and will never be collector pieces, so why bother with the fancy wood that's going to get dinged up anyway?? You are far far better off buying the Parallel and having it fitted and a good quality adjustable comb and butt plate added if needed.

Joe

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I will second what Tron says. Buy the parallel and have it fitted.

ec90t

4. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

I agree with Tron and ec90t. Buy the parallel, you can always get a wenig ladies stock which works well with youth or short length of pull shooters. I put one on my girlfriends 391. I like to shoot it in the winter when I have a lot of bulky clothing on. John E.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My experience has been that the Parallel Target model has a very flat POI, If you get a 391 you may want to be sure it is a trap model.

HM

6. helms

helms TS Member

I really appreciate the advice.
    Thanks

7. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

Tron,

What has been your experience with installing an adjustable comb on a Parallel SL stock as opposed to a trap stock?

I'm trying to decide between a trap and a Parallel SL model.

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Trap and Parallel are almost identical. Not a big deal even for a field stock, but wood needs to be added inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.