1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 & turkey loads-big trouble

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by woodie, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodie

woodie TS Member

I sent a turkey load, 1 7/8 ounces down the barrel of of Beretta 391 and it ejected the empty, a live round, and the third shell was way up the magazine, I had to push the carrier button to get the third shell. What happened? I keep the gun clean. Is there an easy fix for this? oh yes, the turkey died.

2. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

Woodie, I assume you are talking about the 391 Xtrema shotgun. I don't have any experience with heavy turkey loads but, I have shot alot of different 3.5" fast steel and I have had problems with the Federal and Winchester shells doing the same thing as you described. I have found that the Kent shells seem to work flawless in all types of weather in my Xtrema. Darren

3. woodie

woodie TS Member

I have a 391 parallel target,30 inch barrel chambered for 3 inch shells. I test fired it today (love the recoil from those shells) the first round did not cycle a new shell,tried it again and the gun worked. Did not have the courage to shoot a third shell. I don't live in Washington but in the state of Minnesoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.