1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Trap or Parallel SL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Anthony12ga, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

I'm in the market for a Beretta 391 Trap gun and have a question about the models that Beretta offers. I am looking at the 391 Trap and the 391 Parallel comb Standard Length. Does anybody have any information and / or opinions on which would be better for a trap gun. I looked at the specs in the Beretta catalog and as far a stock height, the Trap model starts out higher at the comb then drops slightly on the rear edge of the Monte Carlo. The Parallel Target model starts out a little lower on comb height but the comb runs parallel in height. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mark

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If you can deal with the absurdly slow lock-up time of a beretta semi-auto trigger, the parallel is by far the better choice. It also works good on the sporting course as well.

ec90t

3. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

Thanks for the response.

Has anybody had an adjustable comb installed on your Parallel stock or are you finding the shim adjustment adequate?

Mark

4. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Yes, I had the Country Genletman install a adjustable check piece and adjustable butt pad, I think it great

5. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

Mark, or some other lucky guy,

I have a Parallel Target that I bought at the Grand last year. Have added a 4-way adjustable comb, done by Dave Berlet, a local legend. A weight has been added to the cap(not totally professional-should be replaced with an aftermarket weighted cap). It has a T&S shell catcher with it. I have shot this gun approx. 125 rounds and is "as new". The price is $930.00 frt. pd. to your FFL. E-mail shown for contact.

lets hear from someone......Harold

6. wbill

wbill Member

I have a 391 that I put a Soft Touch stock on and the large Briley bolt release and Breako end cap recoil reducer. When you shoot this gun you don't feel any recoil.This gun is near new condition, I just don't need it anymore. I have almost $1900.00 in it and would like to sell it for $1400.00 with all the goody's that came with it and the original trap stock that came on it.
    Bill

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Mr. Charles wrote: "Parallel Target and don't look back".

He is 110% correct!

Tron (formerly known as "Tron the Troll")

8. prevo

prevo TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.