1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 trap- barrel length

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

which is more desireable when shooting a 391 trapgun 30" or 32"

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

32" for most. You have to remember that a 32" auto barrel is like shooting a 34" O/U because you have to take the receiver length into consideration. In the end, it's really a matter of preference.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Wally, I shoot the 303 beretta's exclusively and for me the 32" is king. There are a lot of people who will disagree but tron has hit the nail on the head with his reasoning. 32" barrels are hard to find in the 391 and almost impossible in the 303. My second thought is that the tubes barrels are my choice. Beretta tubes are pretty awesome especially the mobil chokes. There is not any reason to go looking for extended or custom chokes when you have a mobil choked barrel

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Actually a semi-auto is about 4" longer than an O/U of the same barrel length.
    The length is not important, it's the weight that makes a difference and that varies a lot from gun to gun. You can put a weighted end cap on a 391 and make a 30" barrel feel like a 32" or longer barrel.

As far as a 32" barrel having a longer sighting plane, I never figured out what the heck that meant, since I'm looking at a target 30-40 yards away.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

thanks- i have a chance to buy 2 391's one has a 30 and the other 32" same guns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.