1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Teknys needs repair

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Coach P, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach P

Coach P TS Member

My 391 won't cycle every time. The carrier is slow to raise the shell and the bolt hits it before it is lined up with the barrel. I'm thinking of sending it to Beretta service in Accokeek, Md.

I would like to hear from any of you 391 shooters about your experience with Beretta's repair service and am interested in other suggestions on how to get this repaired. I think a new carrier would solve my problem but the part alone is $58. If Beretta would fix this under warrenty all I am out is Freight.

Thanks for reading this.

Coach P

2. Trapdog1

Trapdog1 TS Member

A good cleaning always fixed the 391s that I have owned.

Pat

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The easy fix for the lifter problem on a 391 is very simple. This fix can be accomplished as follows:

After loading the gun a letting the bolt close, load your next shell into the magazine. After that has done, depress the lug on the front of the trigger that actuates the lifter (this is the same lug that you trip when changing shells so the bolt will stay open). This will let the second shell reside on the lifter. This will let the gun cycle slightly faster and eliminate your problem. This works for doubles,sporting, and skeet. A good cleaning every now and then never hurt anything.

I hope this helps.

ec90t

4. Coach P

Coach P TS Member

Thanks for the responses guys, I always keep my gun clean so that is not the problem. I think the carrier is bent from closing 10,000 times, It seems worn on the hump on the right side also. A lot of times it won't close when I shoot singles either. It jams the shell against the side of the barrel near the ejection port. It has done this infrequently since it was new in May 05 but now it is much worse.

I emailed Beretta on this a year ago and they simply said to send it to them for repair. It is not my only trap gun so I can live without it for a while.

Coach P

5. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Chatbrat is right.

It is the shell lifter.

At the U S Open for Sporting Clays, Beretta had a trailer, they put in an old one, not a jam in 2yrs.

Early 391 and 390 will fix......... GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.