1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 stock experts: HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLAKETM, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Folks, I bought a Beretta recoil system for my Urika that has the wood stock. Directions said it's a drop in device, no modifications needed: Forgive my ignorance, but I can't drop it in: a half-moon wooden device blocks the drop-in hole. How to remove it? And, nothing says which end of the device to drop in first. Anybody solve the mystery for a self-professed fool?

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

1/2 moon wooden device???? Does your 391 happen to have a recoil pad other than the Beretta factory pad installed or an aftermarket adjustable comb?

3. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

My stock has a kickeez pad put on by Ballistics Specialties.
    Pat I have the stock off, the shim off and the recoil device, whichever end goes first, won't fit because of that half-moon piece of wood. There is a plastic tube protruding from the half-moon wood, leading me to believe that there is an allenhead screw in there somewhere. I've tried a couple of small ones and nothing happens.

4. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

Does it have an adjustable comb. Sometime they have to add a piece of wood and that could be the problem. Lester

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The older Urika does not have a milled out hole for that device. That was introduced with the Teknys and later adapted to all models.

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

The older Urika stocks did not have the stock hollowed out for the beretta recoil reducer. It was only the parallel target stock that had this provision where you just drop the recoil reducer in after removing the nut and the shim plate. I do not know about the Urika 2 stocks. FWIW. JM

7. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

My stock has the place for the recoil device. I have reached the conclusion that Ballistics Specialties added the wood that blocks the hole. They had to do that to fit a kickeez pad. So, I'll either send the stock back to them for the work or I'll just forget the device altogether. Thanks for all the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.