1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 sport

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RTI4444, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTI4444

RTI4444 Member

Interested in purchasing a new Beretta Gold Target from Angle Port/ Ballistic Specialties. Any feedback on Beretta's changable ribs. Will they stay on? Is the tricked out work (Boring out, reducing the forcing cone, polishing the chamber mechanisms)by Ballistic Specialties worth it. Thanks, Richard

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

Richard, those interchangeable ribs have been known to fall off but maybe Beretta has figured out how to make them stay on. Anytime you get involved in custom gunsmithing such as a tricked out 391, you can figure on getting very little return on your cost. The three 391's I've owned have all worked just great right out of the box. They really don't need anything to make them work right and I don't think all that extra cost is going to buy a better score. The only thing I would recommend on a 391 is to get a different mechanism from the factory bolt closure button as the factory one is stiff and difficult to operate. If you find it too light or whippy you can add some weight but other than that, I can't get too excited about all the custom extras.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Bought a Beretta 391 Urika 2 Sport recently. Great shooter, love it for skeet and sporting clays. Trick it out? For what? Not me, I'm gonna shoot the hell out of it the way it is while I save up some coin for a 68X or Browning XS Special. I have no plans on chasing spent shells around forever. The more you put in it the less you'll get out of it.

4. hwcn

hwcn Member

Bridger is spot on. Absolutely buy an aftermarket bolt closure, I really like Briley's. If you need more weight, Graco makes a great system that replaces the magazine cap coupled with a counter weight for the stock. Take the savings that you would have spent on a tricked out gun and buy a pile of shells!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ballistics specialties custom beretta 391 sporting