1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 spares info required ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

i have a new 391 tekneys trap coming very soon, as there are no spares to buy here in western australia i whould like to know from 391 shooters what i should have in the cubord to fix it when it breaks and it will!! now i dont want comments like a remington 1100 will be all i need!! i also whould like some info on where to buy the parts i need.

2. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

There are no parts that I know of that you should have on hand. I would buy one of those good $75 cleaning kits for a 391 and an assembly/disassembly guide.
    Parts can be purchased right from Beretta or several other sources. Coles gunsmithing in Maine is a good source.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I own (2) 391's, a Urika Trap Optima and a Ukika 2 Sporting Optima. I've kept my eyes open and have picked up a spare new style piston and a forend retaining nut cheap. I havn't had to use them yet but I bought them for the ease of cleaning. I know I over clean my Berettas but in the long run it beats the heavy crud build up. The key to good proper cleaning of the 391's is a few somewhat specialty tool like O-ring picks, a good set of off-set snap ring pliers, a set of brass punches, and some small basic hand tools. Pick up Seamus's book on the "391" it is a good reference point. The factory manual ain't sh!^ compared to his. If you have any mechanical skills the 391 is not hard to keep clean and disassemble and reassemble properly.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Maybe a set of hammer braces and a linkage rod....but, that's about it. The new piston design seems to be trouble free, so no need for a spare I would assume. I'd get a can of Breakfree CLP and shoot the gun "wet" if I were you. Time spent at the patterning board would be time well spent with that gun. Find what ever cast and drop you require with the shims/washers and go from there.

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Tron nailed it from my years of experience shooting the Beretta autos.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

So far, the only thing I have needed to keep my 391 running is more ammo and an occaisional cleaning. Zero broken parts in about 20K rounds.

If you are really remote though, take Tron's advice.

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I would add that you should attempt to take it apart once before you shoot it.

I shot mine a few hundred rounds before breaking it down the first time and I didn't think I was going to get the trigger assembly out.

Enjoy,
    TNCoach

8. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

thanks for your advice tron and others where can i purchase those parts, i am a seasoned shooter of 30+ years and used a remington 1100 and a winchester super x with great success but as we had to hand in all our semi autos 10years ago i have had to stick with my k80s and brownings looking forward to using a auto again, but i have broken so many 1100s and super x parts here would be a nighmare hence a very expencive 391 and a year to licence it!! ( $4600.00 aust )and thats a standard new 391 tenkneys trap!!!at this price it had better shoot and clean it self!!!!!

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I shot a 391 for a season. Hornady gun cleaner and dry lube was all I ever needed, even with the old style piston. Good Luck

10. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Listen, listen, listen to Tron......I shoot nothing but Beretta 390 & 391 and what he mentioned, are the only things I've had break. I also add a drop of oil to all moving, metal to metal parts===less parts broken and break free is all I use.....GOOD LUCK

11. ltctpu

ltctpu Member

Brownells is now selling Beretta Shotgun Parts. They are a First Class outfit and is known as the "World's Larest Supplier of Firearms Parts"
    Below link will take you to the 391 Urika Teknys Schematic

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=912/schematicsdetail/391_Urika_Teknys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.