1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391-slam fires?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Might just be that release trigger ... possibly something in it is broke and when the bolt goes home on the second shell it is thinking you maybe might have already released it ... and ... well ... yep ... your problem I will bet is that release trigger is bad.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Phil,
    What happens is this: The recoil from the first shot causes your finger to bump the trigger enough to set the trigger and release it almost simultaneously. It's really shooter error, and you could possibly avoid it by a firmer grip on the stock, or making sure that when you release the trigger for the first shot your finger moves completely away from the trigger. It was happening to me when I least expected it, sometimes only once in 100 or 200 targets.

I struggled with this for a year, and it cost me many targets in doubles and sporting clays. I finally sent the trigger back and had it adjusted to a heavier set, slower release, and a little more travel on the sear. It has completely solved the problem, and I have had no problem getting used to the adjustents. I recommend you do the same.

lumper: we haven't had anyone here since Ace who consistently answered every question whether he knew the answer or not. Keep up the good work.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dick ... like I said it was a trigger problem but you expanded the answer to include it being a shooter problem as well so which is it ... trigger or a screwed up shooter?

At least I did not say it was the shooters fault like you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.