1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 SHELL DEFLECTOR

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PLUS, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLUS

PLUS Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY MAKE A SHELL DEFLECTOR FOR A BERETTA 391? AND IF SO, WHO MAKES IT.

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

contact Tron....

Jerbear

3. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

T / S makes a catcher - List price is around $13.00 Not sure about a deflector.

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Carey, about $10 or so.

5. WILL01..

WILL01.. TS Member

A shell catcher called save-it can be ordered thought the shotgun sports magazine made by Birchwood Casey works well on 1187 uses double sided tape to install. custsrv@shotgunsportsmagazine.com. I have T&S shell Catcher on my 391 but needed to place some duck tape behind the catcher to stop it from siding forward on each shot. I should also mention that you must load the shell back first style, I didn't find that the case with the Birchwoo Casey. Some new shooters find the Back first style difficult to use, however the T&S wears like iron. Will01

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

DEFLECTOR not catcher!! There are a lot of doubles shooters using a 391.What does everyone use? I would love to find a simple deflector without having to start welding things on my barrel. I know that Carey has that deflector, but I don't see many people using it. Does it work well?

I would love to shoot more doubles, but unless someone says they don't mind shooting next to me, I look for a squad with two openings so I can have an empty post on my right.

7. Rottweil72

Rottweil72 TS Member

www.tommortonandcompany.com

Try the above link -- he is working on the 391 -- might be ready

Bill

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Dick - I had the deflector on my 391. Since it was applied correctly (you have to follow the directions), I used it for singles, 'caps & doubles. I never had a problem with it, it always worked perfectly (never moved) and I never thought about dinging my neighbor. When the 391 went to my husband, he took it off, since he uses a catcher so he could save his shells. You can't use both at the same time and you can't save your shells with a deflector. I only had the deflector, not the closer or the catcher. I loved it.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Starshot2b: Thanks for the information. I'm going to try one. I suppose I'll have to order it from Carey, I've never seen one for sale in a gun store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
391 shell catcher
beratte urika 391 shell deflectoer
beretta 391 shell deflector

beretta shell deflector

carey closure shell deflector

carey shotgun shell deflector

shell deflector for beretta 391