1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Shell Catcher ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I guess this shooting related. I'd like a shell catcher for my 391 - what are my options - and where to purchase ?

Prefer one that is not permanent.

Thanks in advance.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here ya go. You can even shoot doubles without pissing of the guy to the right.

ss

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've got one. Works great. I can finally shoot doubles without
    zinging the guy next to me.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Does that dude work as good as advertised? I've been ready to spend the dough for about a month, but wanted to hear from someone here before I did.

ss

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

if you need a regular shell catcher--T&S shell catcher for $12--i have one if you cant find anywhere--wally riebesell

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Get the T&S with the tab which makes it easier to press the bolt release button even with gloves. Brownells or Gamaliel have them. JM

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tron can weld a very small bead inside the reciever that will allow the gun to function completely normal but deflects the hulls straight down to the ground. I have a buddy who has had this done and it works perfect. No catcher needed. You cannot even tell that the gun has been modified. I'm suprised nobody mentioned that. Of course it's not a catcher but rather a deflector.

Matt

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

That deflector works the best.

9. mono1393

mono1393 Member

They sure are "proud" of that catcher. $110 for a shell catcher seems a bit on the high side. But, if you are the only one with it, I guess you can charge what you want. Kind of the same mentality as the oil companies. Go figure.

10. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have a Carey Catcher I bought and never installed.I had one on another gun and liked it.It acts as a catcher for singles and deflector in doubles.It is still in the package unopened I will ship it for $55.Thanks.

Darr Wilson

11. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Darr,

I'll take the shell catcher. I sent you a pm

Thanks

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Mono1393. You couldn't be more wrong about the company that sells that Multicatch. It took them years ( 4 or 5 that I know of for sure) to develop something that no one else was ever able to do - make a shell catcher that would catch both shells. I'm sure they're a long ways from recouping their investment. We've all paid more than $100 for some ridiculous thing to stick on our shotguns.
    I had a little problem with the first one I got. They told me, we'll send you a new one, and if you aren't happy we'll refund your money.

How many companies do we deal with like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.