1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 repair?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

To install new braces, you have to remove the roll pin that the hammer pivits on, then remove the hammer. The braces have small holes in the front that pivit on a pin (or "tit") on the hammer. It's actually very simple and straight forward.

They tend to break at around 40,000-50,000 rounds from my experience...just carry an extra set.

Tron.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Tron is right on. anyone owning a Beretta auto needs to keep these parts on hand. You can buy the harder versions at Cole and Midwest but I personally think they break just as quick. It is a simple and cheap fix

3. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Shotgun Sports has the Timney indestructible connector rods and hammer braces. 530-889-9106. I put them in 3 years ago,great. GOOD LUCK

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Also, to make the trigger braces last longer, make sure that the front faces are smooth and EXACTLY the same length prior to installation.....and always replace them in pairs, even if only 1 is broken.

Ken Rucker

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The connecting rods are made to break to save other damage when an extra amount of stress is present.Installing the aftermarket rods is not a great idea.The factory parts are the best bet as they have been tested by Beretta to function as intended.I install new hammer braces at 30000 rounds which is every three years for me.My current 303 is on it's 4th set.And on it's third connecting rod.

6. Stuart

Stuart Member

Bad, If Beretta thought their Link and Braces were so good, why did they redesign and update these parts?Along with the new Carrier assembly and Gas Piston? Just curious.
    Stu

7. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Chatbrat, your right nothing is perfect but the one Timney made is close. Post a pic of that broken rod, I'd like to see that.

Bad 303, I'm at a loss, I don't know why Beretta or anyone else would make any part on a gun that was supposed to break. GOOD LUCK

Every one told me to shoot an auto dry, I think that was a mistake. I add a drop or two of oil to every moving part in the trigger group even the hammer spring on my Beretta's and I've not broken any more braces or anything else for that matter.

Have a great day. GOOD LUCK

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The best fix is called the 1100.....

9. Tron

Duckman, I hope that you choke on an O ring. You are a Troll.

Tron.

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Fish on!!

11. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Duckman,
    Great and informative post!
    I agree with your thinking ; )

12. Tron

Biggreen, you're also a Troll. My offer from 3 years ago still stands. You can take a BRAND NEW Remington 1100 out of the box and I'll use my 391 with about 170,000 rounds through it and we'll shoot doubles until one gun fails.

$100 to the winner. Go stick a connector rod in your....

Tron.

13. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Tron is going to win!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK

14. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Hey, Tron - as you know from my dozens of 1100 posts I'm no troll, but I am tempted to take you up on your bet using not a "new" as in current production 1100, but my 25 to 30 year old DuPont era guns; including one that has about 200,000 rds through it. I haven't had a malfunction with it for doubles in almost ten years. I replace the frequently breaking parts before they break.

Berettas break, too. They aren't the "be all end all" of semis. Especially the newer ones. Shotgunworld.com has tons of posts about crapped out Bererttas as well as the new Remingtons and I know of at least one Browning Gold semi auto whose bolt SHATTERED on a sporting clays course and it was practically NIB.

15. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Tron

Would that be skeet doubles or trap doubles?? LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.