1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Release Trigger repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sam (ATA Noobie), May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Here's one for you,

I few years ago I bought a 391 release trigger from a member here. Worked fine for the few hundred rounds I put through it. It was really just an experiement for me, as I didn't need it. Didn't notice any benefits, so I shelved it for about a year.

Then I decided to sell it. Sold it to another member here and he told me it was acting as a pull trigger! Refunded his money and I'll be damned, when I got it back, if you pull it slowly, it acts like a pull trigger, set it quick, and it will set as a release.

So, I shelved it again for a few years. Well, I'm out of shelf space for all these darn parts I have laying around for different guns. Now I'm either looking to have it taken back to a 'pull' and sell it cheap, but I figure it already has the hook, who would you send it to to repair it to operational status that's going to do a good, SAFE, affordable job. As soon as I get it back, it's going on the market.

Thanks all.

Sam

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It will cost as much to fix as it did to convert it to a release, and it probably needs a new hook anyway. You need the original sear to convert it
    back to a pull. It's a relatively cheap part.

You could even sell it as it, and let someone else fool with it. Just let them know it "pulls through."

3. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thanks, sounds like I could just convert it to a pull. But what kind of marker is there for a spare pull 391 trigger?

I would sell it as-is, but in this overly litiguous world we live in, it about makes my stomach churn to think of what that COULD cost me vs. throwing the damn thing in the trash.

4. perazzi03

perazzi03 TS Member

i have one that will pull through also, you just have to set it with a good pull. i shoot sportingclays with mine have no problems on second shot. dont know who made the release

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I think Timney's had a tendency to do that.

6. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Sam, install the hook yourself,it's easy.................GOOD LUCK

7. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Looks like the trigger is going to Cole's. Shouldn't be horrible on the price.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.