1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Release... HELP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by randy-s, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy-s

randy-s Member

I need to help installing the release parts in a 391. After several hours and many attempts I just can't seem to get the thing to work. Disassembly and reassembly of the trigger both release and pull is a breeze. Two parts came with this release, the hook and a tiny pin about .353"x.109". It appears to me that the pin takes the place of a small spring and follower in the trigger. When this pin is installed the hammer will not cock. The hammer will not go between the hook and the sear. With the factory spring installed the hammer cocks but the release will not let go. Any suggestions? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance, Randy Shelton

xxrandy.shelton@comcast.netxx

remove the x's to email

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

The release hook I have is not a drop in. There is a little work on the hammer and trigger as well otherwise it will not set and release. Call spears in Abbyville, Kansas . GOOD LUCK

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Is the release hook for the 391? Others may not work.

Dr.longshot

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Send your trigger to Spears. Darrell Johnson, 205 N. Main Street, Abbyville, KS 67510-5110. Tel. (620)286-5671. I think he charges $ 135 including shipping, and he gets it done the day he receives it. He also stands behind his work. I needed him to tweak my trigger and I only had to pay shipping.

Sell the parts you have. There's much more involved than just installing the hook.

5. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Compare the part that you took out, is it the same, but taller. If not you will need to modify it to match. The 390 is different than the 391, you may have to take some metal off the rear of the hammer also, just enough to clear, after you come off the first sear. Installing these things are simple, if you just look at the way it works. The people above most likely have never seen one and they just do not know. I have put several of these in.

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

we got it fixed last night. Randy called me and we figured it out. nothing more then a small removal of metal on the back side of the hammer. motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.