1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sam952, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam952

sam952 TS Member

I have been shooting a 391 Teknys Gold Trap now for quite some time between 20 and 25K rounds through it. At first (when on the 16 yard line) the shells ejected half way between posts and sometime a little forward.
    Now the hulls are thrown out like a 1100 or 1187, all the way to and past the next post at the 16.
    Is there a fix for this? There must be a ware area I am missing.

Also on doubles the 391 did a great job until around 10K rounds. Now it lifts the shell but it catches on the barrell shoulder way too often. Yes, it does this after 2K rounds or after just being deep cleaned, doesn't matter, it happens all the time. Last weekend it failed to load second shell, as described above, 8 time in a 50 round doubles, took a miss fire on the first but I managed to get 6 of the other 7 anyway.
    Any suggestions?

Change guns, get this or that, is not an option.

2. sam952

sam952 TS Member

Pat,
    I put a new factory return spring in about 1500 rounds ago, but, as with all equipment, "you no what" can happen. I have 2 new springs comming as we speak.

Any thoughts on the hull throwing distance change?

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Time to spend a little money at Coles Gunsmithing. Order a 390 (NOT 391) carrier assembly with the lever and pin already attached. That will solve the feeding problem. Also order the 391 custom gas valve spring set. You will get 3 springs, the blue spring being the smallest wire diameter. That is the one you use. A weaker gas valve springs allows more of the gas pressure to bleed off, directing less to the bolt. This will cost you about $86 including shipping, and it will be money well spent.

4. sam952

sam952 TS Member

Tron,
    What happened to your message? I was comming back to it to get some info and message dissapeared?

Sam

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I was wrong about the weakend gas valve spring, I wasn't thinking. dickgtax's post is more accurate.

6. sam952

sam952 TS Member

dickgtax,
    Thanks for the info on Cole, nice folks. Got the stuff ordered plus some other needed items.
    Sam

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.