1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tough one

By the gas piston - you dont mean the part actually attached to the barrel do you?

Unless you mean that part - it should have come with the receiver

Hope you get this worked out but I would say return it if in doubt

regards

Gene

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mike,

If you got a complete receiver (bolt, trigger, etc) and the piston wasn't there, you got robbed! I would have a conversation with the offending party and get something worked out.

I have no idea what kind of project you have going now, but I can't believe that you can deal with the slow lock-up time associated with a sledge-o-matic trigger. Unless, you are going to correct that problem!

ec90t

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mike,

It sounds as if you're try to spoil a couple of friends! LOL. I hope you get things worked out!

ec90t

4. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Mike - I agree with you that you got screwed, but you probably would be better off replacing it anyway with one of the aftermarket pistons from Angleport or Briley anyway. Personally, I would complain and try to get it made right, but probably would not lose any sleep over it if I didn't get it. But as I said, you are right, you got screwed.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i've only heard good things about angleports, $55 + shipping from their website.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

So Mike your building me a nice 391 .

Thanks And I will try not to slam-it

7. tp

tp TS Member

Mike, get the one from Angleport. The "legs" on the factory piston are what break. The Angleport one works great, and eliminates the leg breakage.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

mike- tp has the answer. for some reason, the factory one has 4 (if I remember right) narrow slots about halfway down the length of the piston (from the "muzzle" end) and the piston has a tendency to break off between those slots. A buddy of mine has been shooting a 391 for years now w/ the factory piston w/ no problems, but since the angleport one is only $5 more than the factory one (and you need one one way or the other), why not buy the one you'll never have a problem with rather than the one you could have a problem with. I'm surprised tron hasn't posted on this thread yet, he's the 391 guru on these threads.

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mike ... next time I'm in the Crescent City I know who to call to take me trap shooting for an afternoon after eating at Crabby Jacks.

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Great dinner but for lunch there is nothing that beats a good duck po-boy or a rabbit po-boy or a oyster or any po-boy from Crabby Jacks or a soft shell crab po-boy from mothers or a bbq shrimp po-boy from Luiza's or a dozen or so Charbroiled oysters from Drago's or ... dang ... how do ya'll find time to shoot in the Crescent City with all the ... dang ... now I'm hungry and aint nothin going to taste good now.

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Crabby Jacks is owned by Jack Leonardi which is chef/owener at Jacques-Imo's oin Uptown.

Crabby Jacks, if memory serves me right is in the 400 block of Jefferson Highway in Jefferson right in front of a seafood distributor. It is a great place and the duck Po-Boy is ... well ... it is tortuous thinking about a duck or a rabbit po-boy and not being able to get one.

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Angle port.

The piston they sell works and won't break. I shot a lot of rounds through a 391 and broke two factory ones.

I currently shoot a 90-T and a 3200, just for smoother funtion and better squad etiquette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.