1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 PROBLEM?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BenelliM2, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

I have a 391 with about 6,000 rounds through it...last sat I went to shoot and out of the blue the gun just wouldn't fire,tonight I take it apart and everything looks fine but the bolt. The piece that moves on the top of the bolt is bent and worn badly, it is not allowing the fireing pin to move forward when the bolt is in the gun. Has anyone had this problem. What is the best thing to do?

Jordan Dekker

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I agree with setter, I cant imagine that the locking bolt could ever be bent. I bet a piece got broken off, somehow allowing it to sit cockeyed or locked in position. The best answer is a gunsmith.

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Ask Tron....He is an expert on fixing Beretta's.....I guess you practically have to be if you shoot one! Especially the Autoloaders!

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The locking block is a piece that will break. It is easy to replace, but costs
    $50. You generally don't need a gunsmith to fix a 391, that's the beauty of it.
    Tron's the guy, or Seamus O'Caisades on Shotgunworld.com, "I love my Beretta" forum.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have broken two locking lugs. they can fail, usually due to very heavy loads but they fail. Easy to replace. You dont need a smith on a 300 - 391 series gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.