1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391-POI?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I've got a neighbor who is now shooting my old 391 Gold Teknys trap. He is worried about seing space between the beads. Maybe I can answer the following questions for him. 1) What is the POI of a Teknys Gold Trap/30" barrel ? 2) If he wants to reduce the space between the beads, which direction does he have to move the comb? & Finally the gun has an adj butt plate.

Lou

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Tell him to forget about the space between the beads and just shoot the thing. Also, when he's at the club, have someone qualified help him adjust the comb and butt plate.

Time spent at a patterning board would be time well spent.

In a nut shell.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The POI must be tested for each individual gun and shooter. A gun may shoot high for one person ans low for another. It depends on the angle between the front sight ans the shooters eye.

The relationship between the middle and front sight should be ignored. The function of the middle sight is to make sure that the eye is aligned straight down the barrel and it has no influence on the POI.

Raising the comb elevates the POI and also increase the space between the middle sight and the front sight.

The POI, most accurately measured at 13 yards will show where the gun shoots. It will not tell you where an individual shoots the gun. It is not uncommon to see a shooter using a gun with a high POI shooting under targets.

Pat Ireland

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thanks Tron-I've told him the fig 8 stack of the beads, doesn't mean a thing---will try to talk him into locking the machine and shooting nothing but straight aways from station 3 until he smokes em one after another.

Lou

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

There you go.

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i dont believe its possible to stack the beads on a 391 trap of any model-- i have had them all- not one of them stacks--go get a guy who was brot up on a rem.1100 trapgun- he'll comment imediately "i just cant get down on that beretta" "all i see is rib" pats right--forget about the runway in front of you and go for the rock!! shooting straight aways is the key

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is the slot in the rib on my 391 teknys for behind the front sight