1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 parts experts: HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLAKETM, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Where can I get a Beretta 391 magazine tube shaft? And, how do you put it on? Need some help quick. Thanks. Brownells doesn't list a shaft. And, if the shaft must be bought with an entire magazine tube, where do you get one and about how much?? Brownell's is out of magazine tubes.

2. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

It's in my Beretta manual. The shaft is what the gas cylinder moves on. The shaft is what the forearm cap screws on. The shaft is attached to the magazine tube. That's about all I can tell you.

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Call Cole Gunsmithing. They can help.

4. Trussman2

Trussman2 Active Member

colegun.com

45-C58977: Beretta 391 MAGAZINE TUBE CAP 12 GA

Schematic Reference # 45

Beretta 391 MAGAZINE TUBE CAP 12 GA

Note: It is recommended that all Beretta parts be installed by a qualified and trained gunsmith.

$46.71

5. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Ah, it's a magazine cap. Thanks so much. The dadgum manual calls it a shaft in the blowup of the gun. I'm sorry, setter.

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE CAP?

6. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Thanks so very much. Gonna call Cole's.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

When you get the new magazine stem you will need to drill a hole in the threaded portion to match up to your existing hole in the mag tube. All you need to do is screw the stem in all the way and tight and then drill the hole thru the existing hole in the tube which will assure you they will line up. Then you can take it back off and install the spring retainer. You should be able to use that part off your old stem if not you will need to order that piece as well. Not a big deal to do at all.

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

FLAKE, Check with a Gunsmith,sometimes they have an old gun used for parts. What is wrong with the one on the gun? GOOD LUCK

9. skeetman77

skeetman77 Member

Flake,
    I have had to replace several of these for guys who put their 391 in the gun cabinent after duck season without cleaning the gun properly.
    BAD 303 is right on the money, but he failed to mention the last step: Put some grease on the threads of the mag cap. Good luck!
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.