1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CSACANNONEER, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSACANNONEER

CSACANNONEER TS Member

Help. I've got a problem with my 391 and I can't figure out what's wrong. When I load rounds into the magazine and want to unload it, I have to cycle it by hand to get the round out of the chamber but, the next round won't come out of the magazine and load until I close the action and dry fire it. Then, I can cylce it to load the next round and then cycle it again to unload it. The plunger that holds the loading ramp will not go in until I pull the trigger. So, what's wrong?

2. build4u

build4u Member

I own two 391s in 12 ga. I had not shot them in a while and I just bought two more in 20 ga. for my children. when showing them how to load and unload them I noticed the same thing. Pulled out one of mine I let a friend shoot the other day so I knew it worked and same thing. push the little shell release button on the bottom and it pops the shell on to the lifter with out pulling the trigger then you can cycle the bolt to load and extract the next round. its wierd I did not remember that but I usually shoot them out!

3. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

press in the carrier button by the back side of the loading ramp. It will "spit" the next shell out into the receiver area. I have a 390 and they work the same there.

4. CSACANNONEER

CSACANNONEER TS Member

So this is normal? Since I've own it, I've only shot clays and never needed to empty live rounds until the last month when I needed an extra gun for my stepson to field while dove hunting. Anyway, as long as it's normal, I can stop trying to fix something that's not broken. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.