1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Help Needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbubba, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbubba

bigbubba TS Member

I recently bought Briley's EZ Bolt Release Lever and have been unable to install it.

I removed the trigger assempbly and breech bolt to get everthing out the way. But for the life of me, I cannot determine how to remove the Cartridge Latch. It seems to pivot on some kind of retaining pin, but I cannot figure out how to remove the pin so that the Cartridge Latch will come out.

Pleeeaaase!!!!! Any help would be appreciated before I throw the gun across the room!

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OK....relax, it's actually pretty easy. Look at the bottom of the receiver, port side, toward the front, you will see a small roll pin. Take a small punch and punch the pin out (into the receiver). Now, look at the bottom of the ejection port, midle toward the front and you will see a small hole that goes downward. Take a large paper clip and push the hinge pin out...while holding the closure mechanism with your fingers. Now the closure is out and you will see the factory button that is mounted on a small pin. Push the pin out (there's a spring under it) and install your new closure. Any questions, feel free to Email me.

The roll pin-

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_1212.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Paper clip to push out hinge pin-

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_1213.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tron

3. Tron

Yeah Pat, I'm currently writing a book called "Beretta repair for Dummies". Hey, look at my hand in that picture....my Kitty likes to play rough.

Tron

4. hairy

hairy TS Member

Geez, we sure see alot of these "Beretta help needed" threads.

5. Tron

Hairy, I will not even dignify with a response. You are being a Troll. His gun is not broken, he's just adding a bolt closure to it. If it were yet another "1100 broken again, can not ever fix" thread, then I would have advised him to use the search feature because it's such a common thread title.

Tron

6. bigbubba

bigbubba TS Member

Tron, you da' man!!!! Thanks. Took less than five minutes once I saw the pictures!!

Man, this gun sure cycles better than my old 1100's! (Just had to throw that in.)

Thanks again for the info.

7. Tron

This DOES NOT imply that you will be on my buddy list. I could put you on the buddy list waiting list if you like though....I could let you know when there's an opening, but this process can take some time.

Tron

8. bigbubba

bigbubba TS Member

Tron, it's worth the wait. Sign me up for the buddy list waiting list!

Woohoo!!!

9. hairy

hairy TS Member

Bubba????? "Cycles better than my old 1100's?????"

10. Tron

Yeah, that's what he wrote hairy. Are you dyslexic or something?? Go check your "O" ring and go to bed.

Tron

11. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Truth be known, The real reason Tron likes those recycled beer can sludge-O-matics, Because he makes a lot of money working on them.

Jim

12. Tron

Jim101, all of that home made shot that you constantly brag about making has givin you lead poisoning in your brain. Jim may be seeing double, have a short fuse and talk to himself, but he can load a box of shells for $1.60 dammit.

Pat...the Pied Piper was smart.

Tron

13. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Well Tron, It hasn't affected me bad enough to make me go buy one of those pot metal sludge-O-matic B guns. Oh BTW with the recent component price increases my shells are up to $1.75 a box.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.