1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 HELP needed before an upcoming shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ddrsuz, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

Hi folks:
    Need some help, just got back from a practice session with my wife and she broke the snap ring on the inside of the piston for her Beretta 391. This is inside the detachable chrome or stainless cylinder (B3) in the owner's manual. Need source as to where I could find one really quick, we are shooting in a Round Robin next weekend and I have to get the gun fixed by Thurs. to meet our travel schedule. Any suggestion will be apprecieated. I will try the auto parts stores too.
    FYI, I am in CA, and the gun is actually an AL 391 URIKA.
    Guess I otta be kinda happy, this is the only this that has gone wrong with her gun in 2 years and she bought it used.
    thanx in advance for your suggestions
    Dennis

2. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Call Cole Gunsmithing, 800-650-2653 and pay the extra to overnight it if you can't find anything closer. I would be amazed if they didn't have one. Option 2:Find someone with a 391 and borrow their piston while your part comes in.
    Dave

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Call Richard Patty and order an extra piston plus the snap ring.His number is 1-256-235-2780.He is located in Arkansas.

4. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

DB Bill:
    We live in Napa
    Dennis

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Call Beretta's west coast repair center, Bolsa Gunsmiths or Gunshop(sp?)in Azusa, Ca. (southern calif) and have them send you one. You should receive it in a day or so. My experience with them for two of my 391's has been excellent. Just call Beretta for their number or Google works.

6. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Get the up-graded stainless piston from Angle port.

8. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

shannon391 and all others:
    thanx so much for the suggestions. I called Etchen guns, since they had sold be a Beretta, but not this Beretta, and since they were East Coast, I figured I could get them to answer first this am........anyway, Joel's counsel was the same as Shannon's....get the upgraded stainless piston. Joel recommended calling Briley, but Angle Port (if I had known they had one) would have been a great idea. Briley says they can send it out overnite, I will let you know. Hopefully Suz is back in the game by Thurs. nite......
    Thanx again all, great site, great folks.
    d

9. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

Just an update and good guy award to Briley. They sent me both a new snap ring and an extra replacement part in overnight mail. Got here by 10a this morning. Jerry, I will still stop by VOM on wednesday and take your piston along, just in case......thank you so much. Great feeling to have all this help around for us newbies, thanx to all for saving me that look on Suz's face if she didn't get to shoot on Sat.
    D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.