1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 gas exhaust valve spring

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slickhead, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Can someone tell me are there different spring available for 391 exhaust valves, and also the gas pistons?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Cole's gunsmithing sells the "Blue" spring, which is softer and designed for use of heavy loads and the "Red" spring, which is stiffer and doesn't allow as much gas to vent off for lighter loads. Also, you can get the "unbreakable" piston from Angleport.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Cole guns sells a gas valve kit, for trap shooting they are
    great, no need to have springs in a trap gun that can handle a 3" magnum, also Beetta has come out with a new self cleaning piston, the way to go.

Lou

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There is very little difference between the factory spring, red, and blue spring. Save your money. The gas valve compensates pretty well.

5. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

dickgtax,42 lb factory spring, lite Cole spring 26 lb, very little difference, it sure has me fooled. GOOD LUCK

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

dickgtax, yes, for general use, I agree with you. The "Red" spring made a night and day difference when I was shooting nothing but 7/8oz loads for Skeet. If I were to use 3" mags for goose hunting, I would no doubt install the Blue spring.....it's much easier on the buffer and receiver.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I wonder if the springs are only effective at the extreme ends of very light and very heavy. I say that because I put in a red spring and then shot the same
    3 dram 1 1/8 loads I had been shooting, and they kicked out the same distance.
    That surprised me. I read a post from someone else that had the same experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cole gunsmithing exhaust valve springs