1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 carrier differences

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by M R Ducks, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

My favorite 391 started mis-feeding after many thousands of rounds. Research revelas this a common problem with earlier 391 carriers. So I have a newer 391 in the stable, and took a look at what, if any, diffrence there may be between carriers.

Seems pretty clear with the naked eye that the newer carrier is just a tiny bit narrower up front. Seems like the taper on the right (looking down) is just a little greater on the newer carrier.

I put this trigger in ol' faithful and ran a box through it as fast as I could without a hitch.

Am I crazy or is this the "tooling change" made to prevent the problem?

I'm sending my older carrier to Tron to put a 390 bend in it. I know that will fix it permanently.

Joe

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Send him both of them to bend. If they are both straight with no bend they will eventually give you problems. They need the 390 bend top work flawlessly.

3. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

good point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.