1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Busted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Basicdesignmachine, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

After seven years of shooting a 391 my daughters broke,The bolt is locked up wull not open any ideas as to what broke? Thanks Lou

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Connecting rod or a hammer brace. Nothing serious. Drop the trigger group out and you will be able to see real quick. Both are easy at home fixes for less than 20.00.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Probably the connecting rod, the link between the bolt and the mainspring, which is designed to break to prevent other damage to your gun. However, it might be the locking block - that part of the bolt that swings up to engage the notch in the barrel tang. That's $ 50. Either way, nothing you can't fix yourself.

4. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

The connect rod is bad part #c50581. were is a good place to get one?
    Lou

5. fishkiller

fishkiller Member

shotgun sports advertises them for 30 bucks

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Do NOT buy one that is advertised as unbreakable. They are made to break if something gets in a bad bind. Breaking saves the bolt from possible damage. Stu Wright has them as well as Cole and Brownells.

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i've got them-- could be a hammer brace also--you have a PM--wally riebesell

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

If that's not the problem check and see it there is a spent primer in the main spring area.

Had a bolt lock up, after breaking action apart looking for problem, seen something "odd" in the end of the tube. After looking at it more closely it was a spent primer took 2 #$#$ hours getting it out!

After getting it out and gun back together, work fine!

I had a round just before the lock up that didn't have a primer in it. Guess I found it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.