1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Beretta internal magazine weight.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cbxchris, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Needing to add some more weight to my 391. I have the external weight cap but want to add about 6 oz more. Other than the angle port weight which is nothing more than 75 bucks for a piece of aluminum what have you used to accomplish this in a home made manner. All the others I have found are far to heavy. Thanks in advance. Chris

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Do it the cheap way. Load some empty hulls with lead shot and crimp. Paint the heads international orange and add some epoxy or heat seal the crimps.
    Mike Battista
    727 4510 5212

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Mike,
    ..then after you fire, the gun cycles the dummy shell into the chamber?

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dick, goes in front of the mag spring inside the mag,,,, or behind it which I wouldn't do.

Hap

5. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I have found a a one inch bolt with the head milled off to fit inside the cap works nicely. Easy to adjust by just milling what you want off it. Same goes for butt stock.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Get a piece of 2X4 and a spade drill and drill a couple of holes the width and length you need to fit in the mag tube. Then melt some lead and use the holes in the 2X4 as a mould. Pour the lead in the holes and let cool. Then knock them out and you can put one of the weight you desire in front of the mag spring. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.