1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 Beretta barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DANNY, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNY

DANNY Member

Can someone tell me approx. how much higher a Beretta 391 trap barrel will shoot than a 391 sporter barrel. Thanks Danny

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Depends on the comb height of the stock.

ss

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

short shucker is right--but it shud be about 60 to maybe 70% poi vs sport at probably 50-55%. assuming beads stacked in both cases!!

4. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

I had a 391 trap and it shot 90/10, way too high for me. The sporting 391 I had shot around 50/50. Go with a parallel target, it is the best of both worlds. Actually I bought a 391 trap with 32" barrel and replace the stock with a PT stock. It is a shooting machine.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's hard to say. I've always found Beretta auto barrels to be all over the place and as inconsistant from gun to gun as they get. Sometimes, you have to test fire a few or so to get your desired results.

I went through 4 391 Trap barrels before I found one that shot right...but results may vary.

6. DANNY

DANNY Member

Tron,thank you very much for the comment. This is what I was looking for & I will tell you why. I do a fair amount of work at our locale trap club. I try to help new shooter's, women & men. I donate a fair amount of 7/8 & 1 once shell's trying to help them. My only suitable loaner gun is a flat shooting 391 sporting gun. I feel it is just to flat for trap. So I am trying to figure out is it worth the money to buy a trap barrel for it. I carry a lunch box & punch a time card, so my funds are limited & I only want to spend the money one time. Any other comments are greatly apperciated. Danny

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

An adjustable comb or several layers of moleskin plus on the comb should turn your sporter into a higher shooting gun. FWIW. JM

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

If you intend to be using it for trap only there are a few very good barrel people that can bend it to shoot as you wish. Seminiole in Florida and Money Maker can both get you your desired results very reasonable. If you want to buy another barrel odds are it will not shoot where you expect and will neeed bent as well. Beretta barrels are very good barrels but are all over the place for point of impact. Some are ridiculous when patterened. All guns need to be patterened for p.o.i. but not many really are. You can do as another poster stated and that is raise the comb enough to have the perception of the gun shooting high.

9. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Danny, I've got 9 Berettas, 390 and 391 Sporting, Skeet and Trap. If I'm looking flat down the rib, they all shoot about 50/50. If I want to shoot high, I change the shims. I do like the higher ribs though. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

391 beretta custom barrels

beretta 391 barrel