1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

391 barrel trade: high rib for low rib

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by BobC, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

Four weeks ago I sent my sporting clays 30" Optima barrel to Dennis at DeVault to have a Delrin Add-on rib ( Acelye Plastic - black POI 50/50)put on it. It is 5/16" higher than the original flat sporting clays rib. He sent it back and I cant shoot it well. It was a good idea at the time but I need to go back to a standard 30" Optima flat sporting clays barrel. I can remove the add on rib, but I thought someone out there might be interested in my $ loss since I will trade you barrels plus cash. I want an Optima 30" sporting clays barrel plus $150 for my DeVault barrel. His work cost me $375 plus shipping. This is a savings of $225 for you. if you are interested contact me at drbobcof@yahoo.com thanks Bob C

2. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

Four weeks ago I sent my sporting clays 30" Optima barrel to Dennis at DeVault to have a Delrin Add-on rib ( Acelye Plastic - black POI 50/50)put on it. It is 5/16" higher than the original flat sporting clays rib. He sent it back and I cant shoot it well. It was a good idea at the time but I need to go back to a standard 30" Optima flat sporting clays barrel. I can remove the add on rib, but I thought someone out there might be interested in my $ loss since I will trade you barrels plus cash. I want an Optima 30" sporting clays barrel plus $150 for my DeVault barrel. His work cost me $375 plus shipping. This is a savings of $225 for you. if you are interested contact me at drbobcof@yahoo.com thanks Bob C

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

If your gun does not have an adjustable comb, you may want to try putting 4 or 5 layers of moleskin plus to raise your comb height to match the increase in your rib height, and shoot a round of trap. If you are able to shoot the gun better, then you can opt to have an adjustable comb done on your stock. For what its worth. JM

4. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

thanks for the info....I tried something like that... and I need to go back to a flat rib,,,, thanks bob

5. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

6. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

7. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

8. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

Are you sure your'e giving it enough time??

If you have shot a flat shooting gun for sometime its going to take awhile.

I had about the same thing put on a model 12, and its been difficult.

An adj. comb is almost a necessity.

Regards....Gerald

9. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

10. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

11. BobC

BobC TS Member

0   0   0

12. BobC