1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

390 weight/tube end cap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Skeetbender, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeetbender

Skeetbender Active Member

A few years back a guy I knew who has since disappeared shot a 390 or 391 with a magazine weight that looked like tube under the barrel the length of the barrel.

Was not a Breako or Brielly type weight it was long and made the gun almost look like a stack barrel. It was not a high cap mag extension.

I recall asking him about it and I think he picked it up in Florida at a sporting tournament. The idea was to make it swing like an O/U.

Anyone ever remember seeing one of these and who made it??

Thanks

2. build4u

build4u Member

I remember seeing one on a 391 at a Sporting Clay Tournament and talking to the guy about it and trying it. By memory I do not think it was as heavy or heavier than My Graco unit but with it being longer the balance was different. It looked like an over and under 391. It seems like I remember it had some vent holes on it out on the end. I can not remember where he said it was from. It was the only one I saw in Michigan. Maybe post on a Sporting forum?

3. fly

fly Active Member

[​IMG]

Like this one??

4. Skeetbender

Skeetbender Active Member

A few years back a guy I knew who has since disappeared shot a 390 or 391 with a magazine weight that looked like tube under the barrel the length of the barrel.

Was not a Breako or Brielly type weight it was long and made the gun almost look like a stack barrel. It was not a high cap mag extension.

I recall asking him about it and I think he picked it up in Florida at a sporting tournament. The idea was to make it swing like an O/U.

Anyone ever remember seeing one of these and who made it??

Thanks

5. build4u

build4u Member

I remember seeing one on a 391 at a Sporting Clay Tournament and talking to the guy about it and trying it. By memory I do not think it was as heavy or heavier than My Graco unit but with it being longer the balance was different. It looked like an over and under 391. It seems like I remember it had some vent holes on it out on the end. I can not remember where he said it was from. It was the only one I saw in Michigan. Maybe post on a Sporting forum?

6. fly

fly Active Member

[​IMG]

Like this one??

7. fly

fly Active Member

i had also built a full length one years ago when i was a machinist that had a weight inside, adjustable in length and you could add or subtract weight to your liking. The tube was the same length and diameter of the barrel, so it looked pretty cool. The idea behind it was not only for muzzle weight/balance, but more for skeet on station Low 8 where the bird came up to the bottom of your barrel, to give it a more O/U appearance.

8. build4u

build4u Member

Fly, did you shoot sporting at Detroit Gun Club?

9. fly

fly Active Member

i shot Skeet at Detroit Gun Club, no Sporties.

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

It was made and still is available from Rhino in Florida i believe. Getting one may be a problem as Joe is very unreliable and seldom does what he promises. So with that all i can say is pay with a credit card and hope he comes thru.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.