1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

390 problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, Jun 22, 2013.

1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

My ever reliable 390 has developed a nasty habit. I don't know where to look to fix the problem. I has started intermittently failing to pick the second shot. Or, it will allow me to load one in the chamber, one in the magazine, but it will not fire. Apparently, there is some sort of safety that stops fire if the 2nd shell is not going to be picked up by the carrier? Any help will be appreciated.

JON

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

call Tron.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

First place to start is replacing the recoil spring inside the stock tube. Sounds to me like the gun may not be closing all the way keeping it from firing. A weak spring will cause this problem. They cost around 5.00 and it takes about 15 minutes to replace. Also check the bolt to make sure you have not sheared off the rear lug which will also cause sporatic failures and the weak recoil tube spring will cause the bolt issue. Check hammer braces and connecting rod while you have it all apart.

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Clean it real well, if you haven't already and put a good lube on the bolt. My 390 started doing this and that was the fix. Bill