1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

390 good first shoting gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SouthMetro Shooter, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Hi all, I'm looking at purchasing one of my shooting buddies 390's. Its a A390 super trap sporting. 28 inch flat rib ported barrel, and a stock and end cap weight with five extended chokes. Is this a good first trap/ shooting gun? But i also have a concern because it has a hairline crack on the stock right behind the left side of the receiver. Should this be concerning? He is offering it to me for a good price since he is my mentor, he got me into shooting. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

2. SouthMetro Shooter

Oops just realized i spelled shooting wrong. Typed too fast.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If the price is such that you won't have to finance the Corvette, it just could well get you into the game for a while but I know you'd be looking for something better soon. That's basic for trapshooting anyway; we rarely go long without looking for something better anyway. Besides, you just might find after a few months that the game is not for you for a number of possible reasons. If you only have the 390 in your arsenal, you won't hate yourself too much if it sits in the closet.......breakemall

4. SouthMetro Shooter

Thank you for the advice, money right now is an object for me so i just don't want to get into it and have the stock break and need to fix or replace it.

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

The 390 can be modified and adapted to shoot any of the sports you wish to shoot. When you are constantly shooting about 95 you may want to consider another gun. But, there are lots of 27yd shooters with a 390. Mine will always be my favorite gun...although I certainly have spent a LOT more money on others. You can't buy a target.

JON

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Stocks for Berettas are inexpensive and the crack can usually be fixed and last forever. I have shot lots of repaired stocks over the years but it depends on the crack. If the price is fair it will make a great gun for all shooting sports they are great guns and last a long time. Post the asking price that is what will help give you sound advice.

7. SouthMetro Shooter

He is asking $450 from me.

8. SouthMetro Shooter

Its a super trap sporting with a sporting barrel with 5 screw in extended chokes. c,ic,sk,lm,m. Small crack hairline extending maybe an inch and a half. expands when i shoot it. He loaned it to me this summer for league and said he would sell it to me. It is a sporting stock. There is one spot where the finish isn't dull and it is gorgeous wood if i were to clean it up. This summer the stock always bruised me something nasty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.