1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

390 colored springs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rickk55, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickk55

rickk55 Member

Years ago, I bought a set of colored springs that go on top of the forearm and are screwed down with the forearm cap. Does anyone know what the colors mean. Assuming they are for light to heavy loads, but can't find what colors are for what loads. Thanks for any info.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You don't have to know what the colors are. The thinner the wire in the coil the heavier the loads used with that spring. For the 391 that would be the blue spring but I don't know the color for the 390.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Go to, I Think www.colegunsmithing.com They sell the spring kits and can give the color codes.

Surfer

4. Leon47

Leon47 Member

Purple 26lb,
    Green 31lb,
    Blue 36lb,
    Black 41lb (factory spring),
    Red 45lb,
    Yellow 51lb.
    Purple (heavier loads) to Yellow (lighter loads). IIRC...

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Leon has it. The idea is use the lighter exhaust spring for heavy loads since they allow the excess gas to bleed off w/o slamming the action back. The heaviest exhaust spring keeps the gas from bleeding off in order to cycle the very light loads.

6. rickk55

rickk55 Member

Thanks so much, it explains perfectly what they are for, now I have to figure out why the bolt will not lock back after shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.