1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

375 JDJ

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TALLEND, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Just a LITTLE off target/subject-----does anyone shoot the 375 JDJ???? I know what it is made from(444Marlin)---I need "fireform loads"----I can find several loading information sites(for the375JDJ)but nothing on fireforming--------thanks in advance for sny information

Tom

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have a JDJ-358 Same Case 444 Marlin . It is a easy load but you need the die,s . I have 358 dies but not 375 . Once formed the case last a long time and will reloade alot of times .

Call JD jones and buy a set of dies you will love it . 1/2 inch at 100 yards off a rest . There is no fire forming it is all done with the dies.

PM me and we will talk

PS. if you think a 375-JDJ kicks your one big puss

3. setter

setter Member

According to what I can find the .375 JDJ doesn't need fireforming, other JDJ's do. Just run the .444 Marlin case into the .375 JDJ sizing die and load away.

You will have to copy and paste as the url is too long.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/PerCaliber2Guide/Handgun/Standarddata/375Cal(9.55mm)/375%20JDJ%20T_C%20pages%20112%20and%20113.pdf

4. setter

setter Member

Also above. The .375 JDJ is at the bottom of this read.

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

One pass through the full length sizing die does it, and you're ready to load and shoot. The .375 JDJ is an awesome cartridge. I got mine in a Contender from J.D. when he was still operating out of his basement, 1980 I think. Took it to Africa for a "Handguns only" hunt. Iron sights ( that was back when my eyes were still quite good....). All shooting offhand, or "position" shooting..prone, or sitting. To be honest... I don't understand handgun hunting with scopes over rests....but that's just me. Took a variety of game over there with it, up to and including a Cow Elephant. Back here it accounted for several deer, and an Elk. DAMN fine cartridge. I shoot cast loads for practice, then use a padded glove for the "Full House" shots, which to be honest...are few and far between...!!

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have always wanted a lever gun in this caliber as I believe it would truly be the ultimate. I understand there are a couple of smiths who do it but that the cost is out of this world...anybody have one or shot somebody elses???

7. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Tom, I have 51 fireformed 375 JDJ cases...I fired these 1 time...Also 50 Hornady 220 gr HP bullets....You can have these for $20.00 + shipping.....Drop the XXX to email...Pete

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Also if anyone is looking for 358 JDJ brass let me know .

9. Mikeegak

Mikeegak TS Member

I recommend that the JDJ calibers be fireformed after they have been sized in the die. Use a 10% reduced load and you will notice a significant change in the case dimensions.

Yes, you can size and shoot, but for greater accuracy, fireform, size, trim and then full house loads. I also kept them in "lots" and tracked their history. The 309, 358, and 375 in my experience had pretty significant case stretching. I always felt that the 309 and the 358 were the most versatile given bullet selections.

10. dt10john

dt10john Member

Great Gun. My Father had one. Shot like a dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

375 jdj

375 jdj ammo

375 jdj elk hunting
375 jdj load data
anybody shoot a 375 jdj cartridge
loading a 309 jdj for elk
loading for 358 jdj contender
loads for 358 jdj