Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

366 Shot Bushing Help Needed Please

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  esoxhunter 
#1 ·
I am wanted to try some 7/8 ounce loads. I am using a 366 loader and the only bushing I can find is a 7/8 ounce for #9. Will this work to load #8 as this is what I will be using?

Thanks Corey

#4 ·
I bought the 7/8 oz field bushing to solve the problem. Because of bunker's 24 gram rule (370 gr vs. 382 gr for 7/8 oz.), I used electrical tape to reduce the volume to 24 gram and wound up using several to deal with the differences in drop weight due to shot grading and antimony content variations with various shot manufacturers.(Unlike ATA, at bunker tournements, they actually test your shells to make sure they are legal!)

As Shadow says, you also can use any smaller shot bushing (1/2, 11/16 or 3/4 oz) and just drill and file until the bushing drops what you want it to. Hornady's aluminum bushings are easy to machine.

- - Bill

#5 ·
I have a "ton" of various powder and shot bushings. At least half of them have been reworked to throw the desired charge. (Especially the powder bushings using different powders) I start with an undersized bushing and then I just take my trusty Dremel tool and grind it to fit my needs. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.