1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 Shot Bushing Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I am wanted to try some 7/8 ounce loads. I am using a 366 loader and the only bushing I can find is a 7/8 ounce for #9. Will this work to load #8 as this is what I will be using?

Thanks Corey

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My 1 oz. bushing does not indicate any shot size on it. I did weigh both 7-1/2's and 8's with no difference. Both were just a shade under 1 oz.

Curt

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

A few strokes with a rat tail file will fix the underweight problem.

4. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

I bought the 7/8 oz field bushing to solve the problem. Because of bunker's 24 gram rule (370 gr vs. 382 gr for 7/8 oz.), I used electrical tape to reduce the volume to 24 gram and wound up using several to deal with the differences in drop weight due to shot grading and antimony content variations with various shot manufacturers.(Unlike ATA, at bunker tournements, they actually test your shells to make sure they are legal!)

As Shadow says, you also can use any smaller shot bushing (1/2, 11/16 or 3/4 oz) and just drill and file until the bushing drops what you want it to. Hornady's aluminum bushings are easy to machine.

- - Bill

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have a "ton" of various powder and shot bushings. At least half of them have been reworked to throw the desired charge. (Especially the powder bushings using different powders) I start with an undersized bushing and then I just take my trusty Dremel tool and grind it to fit my needs. Ed

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

flincher100: I really think you are on to something. Or is it on something?? Oh well, I'm having a few cocktails. After 3 or 4, this will all make sense. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.