1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 & PW Auto drive

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

Hope this is in the correct category. Does anybody use this setup? If so, I would like to hear your comments.
    Thanks,
    Wayne

2. leftex

leftex Active Member

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have only sold one for a Hornady 366. He had a little trouble getting it set up but after we got through that it worked just fine.

The one thing you must understand about the Auto-Drive is it must be adjusted so that the loader comes "close" to the loader stops without actually contacting the stops. It is different than a hydraulic drive where the drive brings the loader to the stops and the relief valve keeps it from damaging the loader.

Jim skeel<BR>P/W Dealer/Distributor

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I loved my ole 366 and it worked so well I set it up with a auto hydraulic set up. Worst thing for a 366 as it just wont hold up. I am now using a PW loader and sold the 366. My advice dont automate a 366. They have then problem of getting a bb under the turn table as you know and with a handle you can feel that and make the appropriate fix. With auto it will just bend that auto advancing sharp paw. That paw is the weak link.

5. leftex

leftex Active Member

I'm currently using an older PW hydraulic system with my 366's. Works great, just a little slow. Noisier than I really like and somewhat cumbersome.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The stamped metal piece that advances the turn table on the Hornadt 366 is designed to be the weak link! It is probably a $2.00 part so you can afford to have a few around.

I don't know about the Automate but the Auto-Drive has a slip clutch to prevent damage to the loader.

Jim Skeel<BR>Hornady 366 Owner

7. asvette

asvette TS Member

Got one for my boyfriend for Christmas for his 366 set up was quick and easy making the adjustments was a little more time consuming but he has loaded on it almost every day since Christmas I think he has it set the way he wants it now and it is working great the clutch drive will stop before it damages the reloader as long as the adjustments are set right I was allowed to load a few myself lol and it works great and a lot easier on the arms lol I think he likes it he has used it more than any other present I have got him and he didn't let it set in the box lol good luck we both shoot so we have a lot of shells to load that is our Friday night date lol

8. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

^ I wish I had a girlfriend like that.

9. leftex

leftex Active Member

Asvette,
    Where do the loaded shells go? Do they pile up behind the loader or is there an opening in the baseplate that will allow them go fall through a hole in the bench?

Aulove15,
    me too.

Any body else have one of these?

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've been using the hydraulics for over 25 years now, and agree that they are noisey.

However, I installed the motor and pump assembly in a outdated large dot-matrix printer enclosure; the one with convoluted foam and a fan. It did the trick and the fan keeps the unit cool.

RE: Shells
    They simply slide through the housing for the motor's gears.

Whiz

11. asvette

asvette TS Member

We have this set up on a counter in my laundry room so we cut a hole though the counter and the base and the shells drop in a tub we with though to hole drill bits to do this but got a hole clear though without to much trouble and as you can see in the pics done to space confinement we did away with the big black box the switches are in and mounted that under the counter and put it up though our homemade plate on top of counter with a little simple engineering we have a very workable setup sorry if the pics are not that great but not good at taking pics hope this helps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. asvette

asvette TS Member

Oops sorry loaded the wrong pic second time this is the pic of homemade switchplate
    [​IMG]

13. Herb in Oregon

Herb in Oregon TS Member

Asvette - Do you have a sister ? Does she like to shoot too ?

14. asvette

asvette TS Member

Sorry herb I have an older sister but she is not anything like me. If me and the boyfriend split I'll let you know lol I will need a trapshooting partner because I love to do buddy shoots lol and I do love the 366 set up with the auto drive I really want a spolar but it was not in the budget at this time I can't seem to hit the lottery lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.