1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lou Tenant, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

I just got my 366 back from Hornady where they replaced some worn parts and gave it the once over. I loaded four flats and suddenly it acted like some shot was caught in the carousel. I took it apart and it was clean. I noticed the wad guide started dragging on the tops of the hulls. I tried to adjust it and now the wad guide won't swing out. The spring is not broken. The side of the wad housing is dragging against the wad ram when I manually move it.

The manual doesn't address the issue. Any ideas ?

I hate to send it back again with hunting and trap season just getting underway .

Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Make sure the spring on the swingout wad guide is in the tiny hole in both the bottom square block and the bottom of swingout wad arm. The spring will need to be tensioned so that the wadguide arm swings out as the machine is activated.
    grntitan_2009_2503173.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503205.jpg

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Locate the metal casting that the wad guide goes through. On the part of that casting where the guide rod goes through, there is a small screw. The swing out wad guide can be raised or lowered by loosening and then re-tightening that screw.

1) Loosen the screw
    2) Adjust the height of the wad guiode so thay the is clearance all around
    3) Re-tighten the screw.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Way to go Birddog, you nailed it. Factory forgot to tighten the screw properly.

Gary

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yeah i forgot about the thumbscrew on the backside. I was assuming the OP knew it had to be tight. Make sure to put tention on the spring before you tightened the thumbscrew or it will not swing out.

6. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Thanks guys. I must have adjusted it when it was in the wrong position. I think I have it close now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.