1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

How do you replace the broken plastic primer stop unit?I have a new one but cant get the old broken one off.also loaded shell does not want to drop down hole.it wants to ride up over the station.

2. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I have used a open-end wrench that fits over the metal tube, but will not go over the primer drop.

Then, gently, tap on the wrench with a small hammer until the plastic portion comes off.

To install new one, I use a small block of wood under this station, hold the fingers of the primer drop together with fiberglass tape or equivalent, and with the small block of wood under the plastic, carefully pull down on the handle until the plastic drop pops into place. Then, check to see that it is free on the metal tube, and you're good to go.

Is the small wire in place that holds tension on the loaded shell as it enters the discharge stage? If not, contact Hornady for a new one, then carefully adjust it as necessary.

Check to see if the groove in the cast base of the turret is worn and letting the head of the shell ride up when the turret advances to the discharge stage. If it is, you may need to replace the base, or slow down on the up-stroke when loading and watch this stage carefully.

A little more tension on the center nut may also help, or the turret may be "sprung " out of shape.

Any other suggestions for this fellow shooter?

Danny

3. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Try this site for 366 information. I used it as a reference numerous times:

http://www.shootingbunker.com/366ArticlePart_I.html .

As to the round not wanting to fall into the drop, adjust the spring next to the drop hole and that should fix it. I haven't had to replace the primer tube stop, but it is supposed to be made so you can tap it off the tube with a flatblde screwdriver or similar tool

If all else fails, call Hornady. They are quick to help .

Bart

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Danny,thank you.it came off just like you said.Bart i am going to the web you suggested.thank you for your help.and yes the casting is worn.may try to grind it deeper before getting a new base.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

To install a new plastic piece on the primer drop tube just place the new one on the tube and use the loader to push it in place.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.