1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 primer update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Has anyone updated the primer seater on an older 366 machine? Does it clear up the problem with using different brand hulls in a batch? I'm strongly considering upgrading to a PW 800 series or a MEC 9000, but want to give ole girl an overhaul first.

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I switched mine a few years ago, works great. No more dished in shell bases. AA, sts , gun club, fed, all work the same. GO FOR IT

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes well worth it if you are talking about this. Will solve your problem.

Matt

[​IMG]

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Solves the primer seating adjustment issue but you still need to make other minor adjustments to the crimp and sometimes the load with the various hulls. I use to load most any hull but found it much easier to stick with Remington STS and GC hulls only. They aren't that hard to come by and I don't have to mess around with adjustments.

For what its worth, the other loaders you mentioned are not an upgrade to a good running 366. (at least in my opinion)

Matt - I like your modification on the primer drop. See through window so you know when you are about out of caps with a shut off pin - nice.

5. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Matt that's what I'm referring to. Thanks for the effort. Is that pawl altered or factory? Looks different than mine.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The shell plate advance paw is factory. This is a Pacific Model DL366. They changed the system slightly later on.

I drilled the holes for quick primer level viewing. The shut-off pin system is a purchased upgrade. It all works good. Got my machine purring like a kitten right now. Thats why i haven't cleaned it. :)

Matt

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The primer seating upgrade works great. I even modified one to work on my 28 ga machine. Don't bother with the primer cut off. Just insert a spent primer upside down in the primer foot and it won't drop primers until the spent primer is removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.