1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 loader problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shamlin, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamlin

shamlin Member

I have a 366 loader that during the cycling stage that turns the shell plate, it tends to not turn completely. I then have to finish the turn by hand. It sometimes seem to be the primer that stops the cycle, but other times not. Could the shell plate be bent, or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

It might be the primer...you have to have a little "hitch" (hesitation) in your upstroke to give the primer just that extra split second to drop into the hole.

you also could have a piece of shot under the rim of the plate that is hanging things up.

Lastly, the advance mechanism might have come a bit out of adjustment - that happens occasionally. You adjust that by loosening the offset screw in the back - that will move the stop over a bit, so the pawl arm will rotate the plate farther.

I know, I know, that sounds clear as mud. But if you get a look at the back of the loader, you'll see a big slotted screw back there. Put a wrench on the other end, and loosen the screw. As you loosen it, you'll see the stop move left and right.

Hornady is GREAT at over the phone tech support once you get to a technician - it sometimes takes a bit, since they'll spend as long with you on the phone as it takes.

3. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

Do what Jeff Said,And look for shot around the wad seating station. Lou

4. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

At the back of the machine on the base is a bearing. The bearing is on an eccentric shaft. Loosen the nut on the back side. Then turn the bolt. You will see the bearing move. Adjust the position until your machine indexes properly.

5. Ray Zeilinger

Ray Zeilinger Member

from what I read, the index pawl shoulder screw is probably loose. this loosens the spring tension on the pawl, letting it ride up and over the shell plate. Your upstroke may also be a little fast, not giving the primer enough time to fall into the seat.

Ray

6. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

Incidently, in the coming weeks there will be an article on shooting bunker.com devoted to the care and feeding of the 366. Don't miss it.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

PuffTarget said it better than me.....

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I agree with Ray , seems like the pawl in jumping over the shell tray . Could be a loose screw or it is bent or the tip broken off ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.