1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 issue

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by leftex, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I have noticed that if I apply a little rearward pressure to the charge bar during the downstroke of the handle that things move a lot smoother. Has anybody else experienced this? Do any of you lube the charge bar? If so, what lubricant do you use?

Thanks,

Wayne

2. razor

razor TS Member

wayne. try some powdered grafite on the top of the bar and down on the roller and track. if this does not work you may have to put a shim behind the track bar or rail at the bottom where it bolts to frame to push it away or rearward this is a very small adjustment, also be sure bolts are tight first. any ? call me 6085462020, razor

3. 333t

333t Member

Sounds like the powder/shot seals in the upper casting may be wearing out. These are rubber washer type seals that are available from Hornady and need replacing once in awhile. The charge bar should not have to be lubed to operate properly.

Phil

4. Ray Brasser

Ray Brasser Member

The charge bar can use some lub from time to time. Do not use anything that has any petroleum in it. Graphite, as described by razor works, and so does an ordinary pencil. Take your charge bar out, clean it, and use a #2 pencil on the areas where there is obvious wear. You also need to make sure the housing were the charge bar slides is clean. If those rubber washers need replacing, it will be obvious.

5. leftex

leftex Active Member

Thanks guys, I took the easy way out and changed out the seals and put a little powdered graphite in what seemed to be the right places and my loader is working verrry smoothly.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.