1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 help?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ljutic111, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

There is a pawl on the top of the base ( left side ) near Station 7-8 that indexes the shells , maybe the screw just came loose and you`ll have to tighten it . There is a spring underneath it to keep tension on it . I hope it is a simple fix . They are great machines

2. Ray Zeilinger

Ray Zeilinger Member

There is a torsion spring wound around the center of the casting. The spring has broken. When you order a new spring, get 2 or 3, they do have a tendency to break.

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yep....probably the spring. but I don't know how you could say they have "a tendancy to break"...I've been loading on the same 12 gauge since 1979, with the same spring.

I know, I know, mine will break tonight.

4. DanBee

DanBee TS Member

Thanks guys. I don't have a manual or schematic yet. How about some instructions on replacing the spring.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Dan,

Give Hornady a call. Their technical service guys are top notch.

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The pawl spring shouldn`t have to be replaced . I`ve been using mine for 24 years and haven`t had to do it yet . The spring underneath , YES -- once but that isn`t your problem -- it`s the pawl indexing the shell tray . Maybe the tip of the pawl is worn or bent out of shape and not connecting to the tray to push it . It`s not between 7-8 , it`s between 6-7 station . I stated 7-8 in my first post . Call Hornady for a booklet .

7. Ray Zeilinger

Ray Zeilinger Member

OK, if the indexer moves to the next position on the down stroke, it's the pawl spring. or the pawl screw is loose. if the indexer does not move on the down stroke, its the torsion spring underneath. If I remember right, you have to remove the retaining clip on the indexer, and pull it off. replace the spring around the center hub and reinstall on the center shaft. while reinstalling, you have to keep the long tail of spring on the back side of the primer catch bin. then put the retaining clip back on.

And yes, I have broken at least 3 of the springs over the last 6 years. I am thinking about changing it to a pull spring setup.

8. Ray Zeilinger

Ray Zeilinger Member

Here is the link to the parts manual and exploded view of the 366.

http://www.hornady.com/media/366_loader.pdf

Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.