1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 help please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Ok i'm about to pull my hair out. The first problem it is hanging up on the primer . There is a screw on the bottom is this where i adjust the hieght.The primer seem to be flush. Second it is hanging up on the shot bar on the back cam.The thing is not smooth. Help me if you can .

2. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

First, if it is hanging on the primer station, it might be the spring that holds the primer ring(the iron circle around the primer). I had one that was weak and caused the same prob.

Second, the bearing on the shot bar could be seized. Try spinning it with your fingers to make sure it is free.

Hope this helps.

Todd

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Slow down a bit and give the primer time to drop into the hole. Works for me.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Priming Problem

Is the problem with the new primer hanging up as it drops into the seating well or is the problem in advancing the primed shell?

Hopefully you are working with only one type of hull.

Charge bar problem.

If you have a heavily used loader it might be time for a new charge bar with roller bearings and a new bottle holder/ bar guide.

If its a new loader make sure the bolt securing the charge bar guide is tight and grease the roller bearing.

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Re-reading your question, it seems that the primer in the newly primed shell is hangign up on the lip of the primer station as it attempts to advance to the power-drop station. If this is the case you must raise the height of the primer station until it is level with the raceway on which the shell base rides as it travels around the machine. You are on the right track in looking at the small nut on the bottom of the primer/anvil assembly. However, you must remove this assembly from the bottom of the machine to adjust this nut. It is a trial and error process Go slowly and make small adjustments. When the primer station is at the same height as the raceway, you are done. Be careful in screwing the assembly back into the machine since the machine casting is soft Aluminum and the nut is hard steel. Don't get it cross threaded!

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I guess i need more information.

Is the primer hanging up as it falls into the hole, preventing the plate from turning and putting the hull over the new primer, ready to go?

OR

Is the newly primed hull not indexing out of the primer station easily?

Very different problems with very different solutions.

As for the charge bar issue...there is, on the back left of the shot/powder housing, a screw with a washer that goes into the head of the reloader. The shot/powder housing has a spring that sticks out on the same corner. the spring has to be UNDER the washer and the screw tight. Kinda sounds like this might not be the case and the bottle assembly is sitting at an angle in there...not solidly mounted. If that's the case, I think it would bind at the end of the stroke.

7. GUNNER DOG

GUNNER DOG TS Member

to get the charge bar to run smooth there are 2 rubber seals under the shot and powder that need to be changed every 10 to 15 thousand shells u can buy the at any hardware store or wait a week or so to get them from hornady i have 6 of these loaders my dad has 3. u can email me at XXXbgrill20@hotmail.comXXX drop the xxx if u need more help Bill Grill jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.