1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

366 Ejection Failure

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

About every 10th round does not go down the ejection hole (port?) on my 366.

Fast or slow, there is no advance speed that is 100% perfect. When they do not go into the hole they flip off and wind up in the box anyway, but does anybody have one that just always works?

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Mine works just like yours. I have to go look all around the bench when I am done to make sure I have all the shells picked up.

3. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

The lip on the base that ejects the shell gets worn and rounded. Take a good hard file and use the corner of it to square up that lip and that should solve your problem. You may need to adjust your shell plate also. Good luck. Craig

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Shell plate may be bent also.

SW

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Or sometimes that little guide wire on that station may need a slight adjustment. Just loosen the screw that holds the wire, adjust the position of the wire, and then tighten the screw back down. Sometimes you may need to try 2 or 3 different positions to get the wire located exactly where it works best.

6. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Mine also did this for some time. I did all of the above,except the shell plate, and fixed the problem.

I fashioned a new wire from a gold fish hook,tweeked it some, and it works great,

and I have an endless supply from the tackle box.

Be patient with it.

Danny

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

As with most of the progressive reloaders there are alot of tweaking and adjusting to make everything work like a fine crafted clock. You have to really be in tune with what every part of the machine does and its purpose. I have a Pacific DL366 and its the same as the modern Hornady Machines. A little adjustment here a little bend there and boom its flowing shells again. Some real good adjustment advice above.---Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.